THEMATIC GROUP of OPTICAL POLARIZERS
Tel. (375 17) 284-20-48, 284-20-60; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Was organized in 2006 on the basis of laboratory of polarizing films of the Institute of Physical Organic Chemistry of National Academy of Sciences of Belarus and the Institute of Chemistry of New Materials of National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.
Head of the Group – Academician, Dr.Sci., Professor
Honoured Scientist of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Belarus
Foreign Member of the National Academy of Sciences of The Republic of Armenia
Agabekov Vladimir Enokovich
Agabekov Vladimir Enokovich
Employees of optical polarizers
Main areas of fundamental research:
- Quantum-chemical modeling of molecular structures and absorption spectra of organic dyes, calculation of geometric and thermal parameters of dichroic components of polymer films, polarizing in the UV, visible and IR spectral areas;
- • Study of the impact of the structure, physicochemical properties of dichroic dyes and nanoparticles of different nature, the supramolecular structure of the polymer matrix and the intermolecular interaction between the polymer and the dye on spectral-polarization and thermal properties of thin film materials;
- Study of multilayer (photonic) coatings of nanometer thickness on solid substrates that can effectively separate the s-and p-polarization of the falling radiation.
Applied research and developments:
- Development of technology for receipt of narrow- and broadband film polarizers based on polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) and dichroic organic dyes for the spectral range from 300 nm to 900 nm with the effect of polarization of 95.0% - 99.0% and operating temperatures from - 60 to +90 ° C;
- Making of high-performance separators of s-and p-polarizations, as elements of a broadband and wide-arpeture polarizing device (superpolarizer), transforming unpolarized light into linearly polarized one (the output is over 50%).
- Quantum-chemical modeling of structures and electronic spectra of dyes, perspective as new dichroic components for PVA films, polarizing in the near-UV, visible and near IR areas of the spectrum. The effectiveness of the synthesized compounds of dichroic polarizers is confirmed by spectral polarization characteristics of the experimental samples of PVA films;
- • The dependence laws of spectral polarization properties, heat resistance and lightfastness of PVA polarizing films on the structure, the orientation distribution and aggregation of the dye molecules in the polymer matrix, as well as the conditions of uniaxial orientation of the film, its chemical and thermal processing at different production stages of the polarizing material were established;
- A splitter of s-and p-polarizations for broadband radiation (visible and near-infrared areas), providing an output of the polarized light more than 50%;
- Narrow and broadband (300-900 nm) UV polarizers for visible and infrared spectral areas with the effect of polarization 95,0-99, 0% were created on basis of PVA and synthesized dichroic dyes of different classes (mono- and bisazcompounds, biphenyl and stilbene derivatives).
Promising area of research and developments:
- Study of photochromism of polymer films containing photochromic dyes to create materials used for recording, storing, processing and transmitting of information;
- Creating of polarizers on basis of polymers and nanoparticles of transition metals (Au, Ag, Cu, Ni) and carbon nanotubes with specified properties;
- Developing of methods of obtaining and study the optical properties of systems "polymer-dye" with axisymmetric polarization of optical radiation;
- Creating a flexible superpolarizer on basis of multilayer (photon) structure applied on a polymer substrate.