LABORATORY OF PHYSICOCHEMICAL METHODS OF RESEARCH
Tel. (375 17) 284-17-05, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1972.
Head – Ph. D.
Skakovskii Evgenii Dominikovich
Laboratory staff of physicochemical methods of research
Main directions of fundamental research:
- spin chemistry and chemical radiophysics (chemical and optical polarization of nuclei, magnetic field effect, magnetic isotope effect, radio-frequency radiation in chemical reactions, spin catalysis);
- photochemical reactions of physiologically active substances: substituted terpenoids, ketones, aldehydes, peroxides and phenols;
- investigation of antioxidative properties of flavonoids in chemical reactions;
- formation of nanosized organomineralic bactericidal layers on porous supports;
- synthesis and study the metals-polyhexamethylenguanidines labile complexes as broad-spectrum biocides;
- IR-spectroscopic investigation the surface of simple and complex dispersed systems and fibrous materials
Applied research and developments:
- the study of structure, composition and physicochemical properties of fibrous materials, membranes, aminoacids, composites, organic substances and its complex mixtures (essential, vegetable and animal oils, products of petro- and dendrochemical industry ) via spectroscopic methods;
- the laboratory is accredited under СТБ ISO/ МЭК 17025 on collection the samples and elemental analysis of potable and run off water and chemical additives for concretes (total solids and active components mass fraction specification in additives)
- determined the mechanisms of reactions and obtained photo- and thermo-decomposition kinetic parameters of different kinds of organic compounds on the base of nuclei polarization investigation;
- discovered protons of water and dissolved in it organic substances optical polarization under heterogeneous systems light irradiation . Light is absorbed by polymeric conducting films.
- found out and studied magnetic field effect provided by hard ferromagnetics magnetic gradient fields and magnetic isotope effect on carbon nuclei under acyclic ketones photolysis in liquid and gas phases;
- investigated the mechanisms of reactions, oxygen influence and spin catalysis demonstration under photolysis diacylic peroxides, aldehydes, phenols and resin acids photolysis;
- suggested the method of the determination the essential oils composition in conifers and
turpentine pine-tree balsams using NMR-spectroscopy;
- determined that the number of semiquinonic radicals may be used as a measure of intensity of oxidative processes, taking place in plants extracts and aggravating its antioxidative properties;
- revealed that synthesized structures containing chemically- bonded alumophosphates, polyhexamethylenguanidines, cations of coppers and silver give to ceramics filtering elements bactericidal properties.
Perspective research areas:
- investigation the physicochemical interaction in organomineralic systems;
- revelation the role of dissolved oxygen as a chemical reagent and “spin” catalyst in photo-chemical reactions of compounds, containing chromoform groups.